With its emphasis on love, February is a fun month to be an affiliate marketer.
According to a 2010 U.S. Census Bureau report “America’s Families and Living Arrangements”, there are 99.6 million unmarried people over age 18 in the U.S., or nearly 44% of the adult population. That statistic alone shows that Affiliating in the Season of Love can also be quite fruitful, if you like to play online matchmaker.
My first affiliate site was a dating site which has earned monthly commissions since January 1998 — and not just with dating services; as singles come in all shapes, sizes, needs, desires and wants — so you can promote products and services relevant to nearly any holiday or event throughout the year.
No matter what your niche, think beyond the obvious chocolates, candy and lingerie promotions in February — although they’re good too! 🙂
Month-long Celebrations in February include::
- American Heart Month
- An Affair to Remember Month
- Black History Month
- Canned Food Month
- Creative Romance Month
- Great American Pie Month
- National Cherry Month
- National Children’s Dental Health Month
- National Grapefruit Month
- National Weddings Month
Celebrations by Date in February 2016:
- 1 National Freedom Day
- 2 Ground Hog Day
- 2 Candlemas
- 3 The Day the Music Died – Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and the Big Bopper died in a plane crash in 1959.
- 4 Create a Vacuum Day
- 4 Thank a Mailman Day
- 5 National Weatherman’s Day
- 6 Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day – first Saturday of month
- 6 Lame Duck Day
- 7 Wave All you Fingers at Your Neighbor Day
- 7 Send a Card to a Friend Day – obviously created by a card company
- 7 Superbowl Sunday – Superbowl 50 date varies
- 8 Boy Scout Day – celebrates the birthday of scouting
- 8 Chinese New Years – date varies
- 8 Clean out Your Computer Day – second Monday of Month
- 8 Kite Flying Day – in the middle of winter!?!
- 9 Mardi Gras / Fat Tuesday – date caries
- 9 Toothache Day
- 10 Ash Wednesday – date varies
- 10 Umbrella Day
- 11 Don’t Cry over Spilled Milk Day
- 11 Make a Friend Day
- 11 National Inventors Day
- 11 White T-Shirt Day
- 12 Abraham Lincoln’s Birthday
- 12 Plum Pudding Day
- 13 Get a Different Name Day
- 14 Ferris Wheel Day
- 14 National Organ Donor Day
- 14 Valentine’s Day
- 15 Candlemas – on the Julian Calendar
- 15 National Gum Drop Day
- 15 President’s Day – third Monday of month
- 15 Singles Awareness Day
- 16 Do a Grouch a Favor Day
- 17 Random Acts of Kindness Day
- 18 National Battery Day
- 19 National Chocolate Mint Day
- 20 Cherry Pie Day
- 20 Hoodie Hoo Day
- 20 Love Your Pet Day
- 21 Card Reading Day
- 22 George Washington’s Birthday
- 22 Be Humble Day
- 22 Walking the Dog Day
- 22 International World Thinking Day
- 23 International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day
- 23 Tennis Day
- 24 National Tortilla Chip Day
- 25 Pistol Patent Day
- 26 Carnival Day
- 26 National Pistachio Day – it’s a nutty day!
- 26 Tell a Fairy Tale Day
- 27 Polar Bear Day
- 27 No Brainer Day – this day is for me!
- 28 Floral Design Day
- 28 Oscar Night – date varies
- 28 Public Sleeping Day
- 28 National Tooth Fairy Day – and/or August 22
- 29 Leap Day – it occurs in 2016, once every four years
So, what holidays and events work within your niche in February?
Be sure to check out other monthly holidays and events at Affiliate Marketing: Month by Month.
Did you find this post informative and useful? If so, please share it with others! If you have a comment, question or suggestion, please leave a comment below!