Check out the holiday calendar and you’ll notice that there are a number of holidays and observances which lend themselves to affiliate marketing opportunities in March.
The most popular dates and events are:
- St. Patrick’s Day – March 17th
- Spring equinox – March 20th
- NCAA March Madness
Month-long Celebrations in March
- Irish American Month
- Music in Our Schools Month
- National Craft Month
- National Frozen Food Month
- National Irish American Heritage Month- designated by Congress in 1995.
- National Nutrition Month
- National Peanut Month
- National Women’s History Month
- Red Cross Month
- Social Workers Month
Celebrations by Date in March 2016:
- 1 National Pig Day
- 1 Peanut Butter Lovers’ Day
- 2 Old Stuff Day
- 3 I Want You to be Happy Day
- 3 If Pets Had Thumbs Day
- 3 National Anthem Day
- 3 Peach Blossom Day
- 4 Employee Appreciation Day first Friday in March
- 4 Holy Experiment Day
- 4 Hug a GI Day
- 4 National Walk to Work Day
- 4 National Salesperson Day – first Friday in the month
- 5 Multiple Personality Day
- 6 Dentist’s Day
- 6 National Frozen Food Day
- 7 National Crown Roast of Pork Day
- 8 Be Nasty Day
- 8 International (Working) Women’s Day
- 9 Panic Day
- 10 Middle Name Pride Day
- 10 Popcorn Lover’s Day second Thursday
- 11 Johnny Appleseed Day
- 11 Worship of Tools Day – guys, you can relate
- 12 Girl Scouts Day
- 12 Plant a Flower Day
- 13 Ear Muff Day
- 13 Jewel Day
- 14 Learn about Butterflies Day
- 14 National Potato Chip Day
- 14 National Pi Day- Why today? Because today is 3.14, the value of Pi.
- 15 Everything You Think is Wrong Day
- 15 Ides of March
- 15 Incredible Kid Day
- 15 Dumbstruck Day
- 15 National Agriculture Day – date varies
- 16 Everything You Do is Right Day
- 16 Freedom of Information Day
- 17 Submarine Day – the hero sandwich or the boat??
- 17 Saint Patrick’s Day
- 18 Goddess of Fertility Day
- 18 National Agriculture Day (date varies)
- 18 Supreme Sacrifice Day
- 19 National Quilting Day – third Saturday of month
- 19 Poultry Day
- 20 International Earth Day
- 20 Extraterrestrial Abductions Day
- 20 Proposal Day
- 21 Credit Card Reduction Day
- 21 Fragrance Day
- 22 National Goof Off Day
- 23 National Chip and Dip Day
- 23 Near Miss Day
- 24 National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day
- 25 Good Friday – date varies
- 25 Pecan Day
- 25 Waffle Day
- 26 Make Up Your Own Holiday Day
- 26 National Spinach Day
- 27 Easter Date varies
- 27 National “Joe” Day
- 28 Dyngus Day always the Monday after Easter
- 28 Something on a Stick Day
- 29 National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day
- 29 Smoke and Mirrors Day
- 30 National Doctor’s Day
- 30 I am in Control Day
- 30 Take a Walk in the Park Day
- 31 Bunsen Burner Day
- 31 National Clam on the Half Shell Day
The defining color for the month is decidedly green.
But your blog doesn’t need to be dedicated to basketball, holidays, all things Irish, green living or gardening to profit from those topics.
Here are examples of how to integrate these topics into a number of different niche topics.
- Community blog – Write about planned festivities in your town.
- Personal blog – Post about how you plan to celebrate the events.
- Sports – Not a basketball fan? Blog about teams that go green for St. Patty’s.
- Fashion blog – pretty green handbags for spring.
- Cooking blog – your favorite green recipes… and don’t forget to talk about the green beer!
- Health blog – Best greens for healthy nutrition.
- Travel – spring break destinations. Greener travel.
- Mommy blog – kids’ St. Patrick’s Day party.
Use your imagination. Almost any two niches can be married successfully with a little thought.
What should you sell?
Well, you can sell just about anything related to the niche and the theme – i.e. t-shirts, cookbooks, team jerseys (any type of clothing), event tickets, gift cards – you name it.
Be unique in both your content product offerings.
Search your favorite affiliate networks for St. Patrick’s and spring specials. Shareasale in particular always has “Prepare for the Upcoming Holidays” near the top of its interface with holiday names linked to promotions from your affiliated merchants.
Here’s a unique product / service that I came across recently that would work for so many different types of blogs, and not just in March.
It’s called Going Green Today and it’s on the Performance Based ECO affiliate network. What they do is create action plans for 90 day Green Makeovers through free lifestyle assessments. Visitors take the assessments to see if they can save $2000 from their costs of living.
Look for it in the near future on http://RosalindGardner.com which sports a Greener Living section.
See… no matter what the month, you can blog about almost anything. 🙂
So, what are you blogging about in March?
Did you find this post informative and useful? If so, please share it with others! If you have a comment, question or suggestion, please leave a comment below!