So tell me… what bugs you most about affiliate programs? Is it…
- Chicken Scratch Commissions – How do you feel about making a $1.00 a lead when you know the merchant is ultimately earning hundreds, if not thousands, from the targetted customer you sent to their site?
- Rejection Notices – Are you tired of those “We regret to inform you that ____.com has chosen not to accept you into their affiliate program at this time” that don't include any specific explanation or where it is obvious that the merchant didn't bother to look at your FABULOUS site.
- Lack of Ability to Contact Merchants – So, you're not a CJ performer. Is that any excuse to have to write several emails and make several telephone calls before you get a reply to a valid question?
- Lack of Information – What about those programs that do approve you and send you a welcome letter that doesn't include a link to the site, the manager's name or your affiliate details? I especially love those that send info from some obscure company name that you've never heard of — so you have no clue to which affiliate program they're referring.
- Clunky Affiliate Interfaces – Surely you have some experience with an affiliate interface that is almost impossible to use. It takes forever to drill down and find a graphic or copy that you want and when you do find one, the interface bogs down and then crashes before it generates your link.
Oh, my list could go on – but I want to hear about your beefs.
Go on – get it off your chest. Leave a comment and tell it like you see it — the ultimate goal being that this information will help affiliate managers and merchants IMPROVE their programs and networks. 🙂