I've been using the new Google Adwords interface for almost 2 weeks now and it's SUCH an improvement over the old one!
If your account hasn't yet been updated to the beta version of this interface, the key new features include:
- New campaign and ad group creation workflow: The old signup wizards are gone. Now you'll add keywords, create ads, and select your settings on the same tabs you use to manage them.
- In-line editing: No need to jump to a second page — you can edit ads, keywords, placements, and bids within the tables on the campaign and ad group tabs in your account. Just hover over a row to reveal the editable fields.
- New ‘Networks' tab: The old ‘Placements' tab has a new name: the “Networks” tab. You'll still manage your placements there, and you'll also see the summary statistics for both your search and content networks.
- Account tree: Use this new menu beside your account pages to switch between campaigns. (It's similar to the popular navigation interface in AdWords Editor.)
- Campaign roll-ups: These new ‘roll-up' views let you see and edit all of a campaign's keywords, placements, or ads in one place, instead of finding and changing them ad group by ad group.
- Performance summary graphs: Use these custom graphs to compare trends on every level of your account.
- Dynamic help content: Our new help section displays the FAQs you most likely need for the page you're viewing.
- Copy/move: Lets you copy and move keywords, placements, and ad groups between campaigns without leaving the campaign management interface.
You'll find a series of videos on Google that shows you how the new interface lets you:
- Navigate your account faster
- Track performance more efficiently
- Find new optimization opportunities
- Spend less time making changes
- Get more out of the Content Network
Seriously, because so much more information is available at a glance in the new Google Adwords interface, it's just so much easier to use and making changes to your campaigns takes much less time. Less work, save time… always gotta like that!