Don't let April showers get you down! Rainy days are a great excuse to buckle down to work.
The month can start off great with an April Fool's joke like sharing Google's Motion, detailing a new way to communicate using email. Check it out, it's hilarious.
Figuring out how to monetize an April Fool's joke might be a little difficult however.
So, checking our holiday calendar, you'll see that we have the following popular events, holidays and special days coming up this month:
- Tax Filing Deadline (15th in the U.S. – 30th in Canada)
- Earth Day – April 22nd
- Easter Weekend – April 22nd – 24th
Holidays and observances in April 2016:
- 1 April Fool's Day
- 1 International Fun at Work Day
- 1 International Tatting Day
- 2 Children's Book Day
- 2 National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
- 2 Reconciliation Day
- 3 Don't Go to Work Unless it's Fun Day – we know your decision
- 3 Tweed Day
- 4 Hug a Newsman Day
- 4 National Walk to Work Day – first Friday of month
- 4 Walk Around Things Day
- 4 School Librarian Day
- 4 Tell a Lie Day
- 5 Go for Broke Day
- 6 Plan Your Epitaph Day – a little morbid if you ask me
- 6 Sorry Charlie Day
- 7 Caramel Popcorn Day – Most likely created by a popcorn maker, or an Ecard company.
- 7 National Beer Day
- 7 No Housework Day
- 7 World Health Day
- 8 All is Ours Day
- 8 Draw a Picture of a Bird Day
- 9 Name Yourself Day
- 9 Winston Churchill Day
- 10 Golfer's Day
- 10 National Siblings Day
- 11 Eight Track Tape Day – do you remember those?
- 11 Barbershop Quartet Day
- 11 National Submarine Day
- 12 Big Wind Day – this day blows me away!
- 12 Russian Cosmonaut Day
- 13 Scrabble Day
- 14 Ex Spouse Day
- 14 International Moment of Laughter Day
- 14 Look up at the Sky Day – don't you have anything better to do?
- 14 National Pecan Day
- 14 Reach as High as You Can Day
- 15 Rubber Eraser Day
- 15 Titanic Remembrance Day
- 16 National Eggs Benedict Day
- 16 National Librarian Day
- 16 National Stress Awareness Day
- 17 Bat Appreciation Day
- 17 Blah, Blah, Blah Day
- 17 National Cheeseball Day
- 17 Pet Owners Independence Day
- 18 International Juggler's Day – also applies to multi tasking office workers
- 18 Newspaper Columnists Day
- 18 Patriot's Day – third Monday of the month
- 19 National Garlic Day
- 20 Look Alike Day
- 20 Volunteer Recognition Day
- 21 Kindergarten Day
- 21 National High Five Day third Thursday
- 22 Girl Scout Leader Day
- 22 National Jelly Bean Day
- 23 Lover's Day
- 23 National Zucchini Bread Day – they hold this at a time when you are not sick of all that zucchini.
- 23 Take a Chance Day
- 23 World Laboratory Day
- 24 Pig in a Blanket Day
- 25 East meets West Day
- 25 World Penguin Day
- 26 Hug an Australian Day
- 26 National Pretzel Day
- 26 Richter Scale Day
- 27 Administrative Professionals Day (Executive Admin's Day, Secretary's Day) – date varies
- 27 Babe Ruth Day
- 27 National Prime Rib Day
- 27 Tell a Story Day
- 28 International Astronomy Day
- 28 Great Poetry Reading Day
- 28 Kiss Your Mate Day – guys, do not forget this one. Kiss her, then read her some poetry.
- 28 Take Your Daughter to Work 4th Thursday
- 29 Arbor Day -last Friday of month
- 29 Greenery Day
- 29 National Shrimp Scampi Day
- 30 Hairstyle Appreciation Day
- 30 National Honesty Day
Here is a short list of products that you might consider promoting this month:
- Tax filing software
- Credit reporting and repair
- Money management books
- Energy-saving gadgets, e.g. the TED 5000-C – The Energy Detective I have one of these and it really makes you think twice about the energy you're using when you can see exactly how much it is costing you per hour.
- Green gifts (see the CafePress list below)
- Trees for Earth Day (look at NatureHills Nursery on ShareaSale)
- Religious books icons and ornaments from Amazon
- Chocolate bunnies (look for something really unique)
- Easter goodies, decor, clothing (bunny suit?), toys, movies (I'm not the only one who watches the The Ten Commandments every year, am I?), books….
CafePress lists the following as the most popular green gifts in their store.
- Green t-shirts
- Green sweatshirts & hoodies
- Green bags
- Green long sleeve t's
- Green tank tops
- Green mugs
- Green baby bodysuits
- Green kids baseball jerseys
- Green baby bibs
- Green apron & kitchen aprons
- Green polos
- Green hats & caps
- Green plus size
- Green more fun stuff
- Green steins
- Green teddy bears
That should give you a good start.
As always take a good look around Amazon and check out their holiday and event product recommendations. Then see if you can find the same product listed with one of your merchants in an affiliate network where the commission will be higher. Make sure that the merchant is a BIG name merchant though – one that your customers will be as comfortable purchasing from as they would be ordering on Amazon.
Have a happy green Easter and don't let the taxes get you down!
Did you find this post informative and useful? If so, please share it with others! If you have a comment, question or suggestion, please leave a comment below!