The Dell Affiliate Program recently migrated from Linkshare over to Commission Junction. During the transition, I received the following 3 emails from Dell, encouraging me to sign up for their new program.
- August 17, 2007 – Dell Home Migrating To Commission Junction!
- October 10, 2007 – Dell Home: You are missing out on great commissions! Join the Dell Home Affiliate Program at Commission Junction Today!
- Ocotober 11, 2007 – Dell Home Affiliate Program: Still haven't migrated? You could be missing commissions!
The following snippets indicated that Dell really wanted affiliates to continue the relationship and move over to their program at CJ.
- We are excited about the new opportunities joining Commission Junction will bring our publishers and look forward to an even more successful relationship with our affiliates.
- Please let us know if there is anything that we can help you with regarding transferring over to the new Dell Home Affiliate Program or the program itself. We would be happy to help you.
- As one of our dedicated LinkShare affiliates, your application will be fast tracked for approval during this time, so that you can begin to adjust your promotions accordingly and earn commissions right away!
Well, I gotta tell ya, I'm not convinced. I applied and my application was summarily rejected. Despite sending 2 emails in reply, I have yet to receive a response.
Gee… do you think that this experience – after nearly 10 years as a very enthusiastic Dell customer who has sold umpteen Dell computers by word-of-mouth alone – might influence the brand that I buy when it comes to getting my next desktop?
Hmmmm… It might just be time to check out Sony's other computer offerings. after all, I liked my first VAIO so much that when airport security in Toronto wrecked it, I replaced it with another one.
Oh ya, and that link to Sony? It is an affiliate link. 🙂[tags]Dell,affiliate program,Sony,computers[/tags]