Found this note dated November 21st from the Expedia affiliate program in my Junk Mail box today… and I'm glad I checked!
We will be migrating the Expedia.com Affiliate Program from the BFAST/BeFree Affiliate Network to the Commission Junction Network. The migration is scheduled to start during the second week of December.
Some of the benefits of the migration include:
- Increases in air and agency hotel standard commission rates
- A bonus program for package sales during the first 90 days after the migration
- Use of the Commission Junction interface technology
- Automatically updating banners
- Return Days (coming summer 2008)
You will have to apply to the Expedia.com – Commission Junction Affiliate Program once our program goes live in December.
They further advise that existing affiliates will have to apply to the Expedia program again through CJ, and that they'll be sending additional details including a link to join the new program in the coming weeks.
Man, I hope it's not another They Love Me, They Love Me NOT situation similar to the one I experienced with Dell. That would mean I'll be removing (instead of replacing) a LOT of links from the travel blog.
Aargh… either way, I think I'm way overdue for an ad server.