Don't Pay for Traffic Before Your Site is Ready…
New affiliate marketers often tend to fixate on getting “traffic, traffic and more traffic” to their recently launched content sites.
However, in their rush to start earning commissions, some affiliates make costly errors when they pay to drive traffic to sites that are not yet ready for visitors.
Before you spend good money on pay-per-click advertising, the following seven (7) conditions MUST be met on all your affiliate sites.
- Attractive Design – Use an attractive template that provides consistent navigation throughout the site. Request ‘no holds barred' feedback from friends and professional designers through webmaster forums.
- No ‘Under Construction' Pages – Avoid launching until all pages are complete, or remove links that lead to pages that are not ready.
- Legal Notices – Many affiliate programs require that affiliates post privacy notices to ensure visitors are protected from scams and spam. Depending on site content, disclaimers and terms of service pages should be considered.
- About Us Page – Builds trust by telling visitors about both the business and the webmaster. Make sure to include either your photograph or, if you are shy, replace the photo with a caricature of yourself.
- Contact Page – The presence of contact information enhances trust in you and your site. To protect yourself from spam, use a form rather than posting your email address.
- Ecourse / Autoresponder Series – Create a series of at least 7 messages on a specific topic relevant to your site's theme. Link back to appropriate content pages within the messages. An ecourse reminds visitors about your site and encourages them to revisit the site. Repeat visits also improves a site's search engine ranking.
- Email Capture Form – Placed an signup form for your autoresponder series in a prominent position (eg. near the top of the page in your navigation bar) on every page of your site to capture leads for your list.
Neglect even one of the above-mentioned site essentials and you may be wasting your money on pay-per-click advertising.
To achieve super affiliate conversion rates, be a Super Affiliate.