Information is what surfers are looking for and successful Internet marketers know that providing relevant content on their sites is the first key to building a highly profitable online business.
That's easy enough for those who love to write, but how can you produce content if you hate to write?
Fortunately, ‘private label rights' sellers have stepped up to fill the void.
What are Private Label Rights?
Private label rights article packs are the low-cost alternative to hiring ghostwriters – and less time-consuming than writing articles and ebooks yourself!
Private Label Rights (PLR) packages can consist of articles, reports, autoresponder series and ebooks contracted out to and written by ghost writers. Occasionally, you'll see private label rights granted to software and graphics.
PLR content can be used “as-is” or edited by the buyer according to guidelines set by the PLR seller. Guidelines will differ with each company.
Private Label Rights Advantages
There are two significant benefits to buying a private label rights package.
First of all, buying PLR packages is relatively inexpensive compared to hiring a ghost writer to produce articles or an ebook for you. Good Private label rights articles average $1 – $2 a piece, whereas a ghostwriter will charge $10, $30, $100 (or more) for one well-written article.
Secondly, you can usually modify the content in any way you want, and then assume credit for having written the material. Having the right to modify the articles means that your final product will be completely different from anyone else who buys and repackages the same material.
10 Ways to Use PLR Content
For this example, let's say that you bought a package of 50 articles about ‘interior design'.
- If the PLR seller allows, you can resell the entire package without changes. I used to make 10 to 12K per month just re-selling an auctions information package that consisted of several ebooks and reports. I promoted eBay registrations on the thank you page.
- You could sell your new book on eBay and generate affiliate sales or bring traffic to your site through links that you've placed within the book.
- If you sell your own product, give the ebook away to your customers as a buying bonus.
- Or, you might use a private label ebook as incentive to get folks to subscribe to your newsletter.
- Conversely, the private label rights package may come in ebook format, so you might can take the whole thing and separate it out into 50 individual articles.
- You could post each article to your blog. Those new pages will get spidered by the engines and generate more traffic to your site. If you can't find an affiliate program relevant to a particular topic, you can generate revenue by adding Google Adsense to those pages. You could also use rewritten articles on Squidoo and Blogger blogs that directs traffic to your main sites.
- You could then place the first paragraph or two of each article in a follow-up autoresponder series and include a link to the complete article on your site – generating return traffic to your site
- Alternatively, you could put one or two of the articles together as a ‘special report' which you then use as incentive to sign up for your newsletter.
- You could also create an ebook out of a number of articles, call it “Debbie's Design: 50 Tips for Divine Decor” and sell it through Clickbank. You'll even be able to find affiliates at Clickbank to sell the book for you!
- Last but not least, you could Spin really generic articles from one niche topic into another by swapping out the relevant keywords and keyword phrases.
Before you buy a private label rights package, read the terms carefully. You want to make sure that you have the right to change, modify, cut, delete the content in any way you want, and put your name on it.
Most private label rights packages are restricted to a certain number of buyers, so you won't have to worry about ‘your' material showing up 3 gazillion times on Google. In all likelihood however, you won't have to worry about competition as most people who buy PLR packages set their project aside for ‘another day' and then do nothing with the material.
Integrating the tips above into your Internet marketing strategy will help you increase visibility and traffic to your site through the use of inexpensive PLR article packs. Save time and make more money by using PLR article packages.
Looking for a specific distributor? Check out this list of recommended Private Label Rights and Content distributors.